Tuesday, August 16, 2011

What and Why?!

I am the very last person I would ever think of to write a BLOG!  I don't really feel I have an interesting life or much to say about that.  I do, however, love to encourage the 'little' families that are in my life. And so, to that end, here I go.
We started a few years ago.  Just having a few people, now and again, to our home for dinner.  Mostly families with 'littles'.  (I call them littles because they are pre-school age.)  I realized it then.  People really don't do that very much anymore.  It's like we are all so concerned with having nice things and how they all look, nice and neat and everything in its place.  I am that way.  I like order.  But, that tendency was getting in the way of ministry and meeting people's needs.  I had to let it go.  We live in our house.  There is no way around it.  We live there, but we also love to have friends over.  Love to visit with people.  Every time we would invite someone, a little more of that OCD tendency to keep everything neat fell away.  Now, I just say, 'come on in, we live here.'  I love it.
With our visits increasing, several of my friends have asked me to write a book.  These people just love me more than most and for whatever reason believe I have some skills.  I love them for it.  My husband and I have a very, very, busy life, full-time ministry, 2 teenagers, which we are now homeschooling, and jobs.  Our life is crazy, just like most of yours.  We don't have all the answers.  We have made a lot of mistakes.  We are Christians.  We point to Jesus.  This is all we know to do. 
FINALLY, I am getting to the point.  This is my attempt to encourage those in my life who seek to walk with Jesus. 
We all need a little nudge.
Here it is.
I am using our life's verse as the heading for this blog.  We have it written on our bathroom mirror.  It is in the forefront of our minds and hearts.  God has a plan.  We need to follow it.  I love the verses that follows Jeremiah 29:11 as well, because that plan requires action on our part.

'When you call on Me, when you come and pray to Me, I'll listen. When you come looking for Me, you'll find Me.  Yes, when you get serious about finding Me and want it more than anything else, I'll make sure you won't be disappointed.'    --the Message

Awesome.  He has a plan.  I will find and follow Him.  I would love for you to join me.

m

No comments:

Post a Comment