Sunday, November 6, 2011

Ggrrr!

Sigh.
It's one of those days that I need to heed my own advice. I have heard myself complaining and grumbling. As a Pastor's wife, I cannot even tell you how many times I have said any number of these 'wise' words in attempt to encourage and lift wounded spirits, including my own!

Love God, love others.
We are saved to serve, not saved to sit.
We worship an audience of One, it doesn't matter what 'everyone' else is doing.
I know it seems like only a few do the work of many, but we still do it for Jesus!
Don't let someone else's poor attitude take you down too!
You can only be responsible to speak and live truth, you cannot be responsible for another's choice.
Think about the intentions of the person, I'm sure they didn't mean any harm.
Sometimes the best response is none at all.



In the Old Testament book of Exodus, Moses was leading the people of Israel out of slavery from Egypt. During that time of wandering in the desert, the Lord provided for every need of His people. Yet, they still grumbled and complained. The Hebrew word used for 'grumble' actually means to lodge, stop over, pass the night, to abide. Wow...so grumbling stops the action of moving forward. When we grumble or complain, we cease being effective in our walk with God.

We are all guilty. But we can start fresh! We can stop grumbling and start praising God for His provision. It's almost time for Thanksgiving....make a list. Be grateful.

I'm speaking to myself today, but maybe you need to hear this word too.
I have grumbled long enough. I wonder what I will become if I pray and praise instead of grumble and complain.

God provides. Be willing to receive and praise Him.

m

No comments:

Post a Comment