Tuesday, June 12, 2012

A 5 Dollar Bill

My son, Peyton, loves money, what teenager doesn't!?? He likes to earn cash. He does yardwork at our house, occasionally at his grandparents and their neighbor's homes as well. To my surprise today, he came in with a 5 dollar bill and asked me what it was worth. (In my head, I'm thinking, where is this going? He's good at coming up with a plan to make more dough.)

I answered, "It's worth 5 dollars."

He kept going.

Peyton, "Mom, what if I crumpled it up?"
Me, "Still 5 dollars."
"How about if I stomp on it and roll it in dirt?"
"Still 5 dollars."

Then he gets to his point. "Ok, see even if your life is crumpled up, rolled in the dirt of sin, you still have value to Jesus. You are still worth something to Him."

Awesome. And I thought this was going to be a 'make a buck' scam. I'm impressed.

He's absolutely right on. You have worth, you are loved and valued. Don't let the stink and dirt of sin in this world tell you different.

John3:16-17 MSG
"This is how much God loved the world: He gave his Son, his one and only Son. And this is why: so that no one need be destroyed; by believing in him, anyone can have a whole and lasting life. God didn’t go to all the trouble of sending his Son merely to point an accusing finger, telling the world how bad it was. He came to help , to put the world right again."

Simple reminder, you are loved.

m

No comments:

Post a Comment